Upskill Your Employees using Government Funds with the Incumbent Worker Training program
When workers lack needed training and businesses experience skill gaps, the company’s ability to compete, expand, and retain workers can be compromised.
Incumbent Worker Training is a type of work-based training and upskilling designed to: 1) allow employers to increase the skill levels of employees so they can be promoted within the company and create backfill opportunities or 2) allow workers to acquire and develop the skills necessary to avert layoff.
Grant funding is available to help employees grow at their jobs while building a stronger workforce—and in turn, upgrading employer success. Your team could be trained and upgraded with training expenses covered.
Potential Outcomes Include:
- Worker wage increases
- Backfill skills development
- Career pathways skills development
- Job promotions
- Job changes (lateral, new skills)
- Layoff aversion
If you’re looking to think creatively and act strategically about your employee retention plan and utilize government funding, complete the form here and a member of our team will reach out with more details.
Talk With An Expert to Upskill Your Work Force
Get Your Organization "IWT Ready”
Not ready to reach out, but want some further details about this program? Join us for our monthly webinar on this topic. We’ll discuss the spirit of the program, best practice tips for your employee upskilling, and steps you can take today to begin upskilling your employees using the government-funded training program.
Our team will cover:
- Who covers the “cost” of the program?
- Who is eligible to apply?
- When can an employee be considered an “Incumbent Worker?
- What type of courses may be covered by “Incumbent Worker Training”?
- Are there limits to the cost of training?
- When and where would the training be delivered?
- How does a business apply?
This Webinar is hosted on Zoom. Click the button below to register and join us for a session convenient to you!